We Are Hiring...
Garment Technician and Production Assistant
Bird & Knoll is looking for a Garment Technician and Production Assistant to join our growing Auckland Design team in a fun and fast paced industry role. We are looking for someone who can jump in and hit the ground running; our ideal applicant will be a problem solver, be highly motivated and have high attention to detail. The successful applicant will be an integral member of our team; with opportunities to grow with the brand. Minimum 20 hrs with flexibility to grow.
- Producing all technical sketches from designs
- Creating all technical specification packs
- Running fit sessions and making all adjustments to samples
- Managing and tracking all samples for sales
- Approving all styles for production
- Strong technical knowledge of garment construction & patterns
- Proficiency in Adobe illustrator and excel (required)
- Excellent communicator; written & verbal
- Strong attention to detail and processed driven
- Ability to work in a team, and independently within deadlines
Ideal candidate attributes:
- A driven, self-starter
- Adaptable and flexible
- Proactive, with a creative approach to problem solving
Applicants must have a minimum 3 years experience in production/garment tech roles with off-shore manufacturing preferred. Tertiary level training preferred. This role will be on a contractor basis; you will be responsible for your own tax requirements.
How to apply:
Please email your resume, cover letter and portfolio to Macayla Chapman at email@example.com.